Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Kitchen Backsplash

So back a few months ago when we had to paint out living room & kitchen (because they are one big room), I had ambitions of doing a backsplash. You see, the crazy previous owners did really strange things, but had good intentions (I think?). For instance, they installed beadsboard in the breakfast nook and around the kitchen sink/bar area. It looks good. The bad? They installed the same beadsboard behind the counters and stove as a "backsplash". I mean really, who does that? It is so strange. Anywho, I decided it would look much better as a tiled backsplash. We purchased about 12-15 12x12 pre-patterned tiled squares. With the help of my family, we finally picked one we liked! Now fast forward a few months - I decided we need to get this done. Daniel informed me he didn't want to have anything to do with this project because the other beadsboard "looks perfectly fine". So, I called my ever-so-faithful Momma, and she agreed to jump right in and help! She looked up "how-to's" and printed out instructions, and we took a deep breath.

Before
About to start! We had to say a few prayers first

working hard "icing the cake"

look at that! we did it! tile is up - before grout
So we are at the point where the tile is up on the wall, and it needs to cure at least 24 hours before we grout. My mom is coming back with her work clothes on in the morning, so we can tackle the last step of the project. It looks so much better, and I'm so proud of where we've gotten. Can't wait to show you the finished product!

..... and here is the finished product folks
love, love, love!
What an improvement, right? And here's some even better news - the total cost!
$35 - tiles PLUS
$72 - supplies EQUALS
$107 - can you believe that!? This gorgeous transformation was a measley $100. Woop woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment