Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2k12

Yesterday was such an amazing Thanksgiving!  As Josh Groban sings, "There's so much to be Thankful for"


On Wendesday night, instead of Annabeth & Ashley coming over for our traditional baking session, we just ordered pizza, shared Brewsters and watched a movie.  Fortunately, there wasn't too much I had to make and prepare for the two meals we were attending the next day.  It was so nice & relaxing :)

I had extremely high hopes of sleeping in on Thursday, but my body decided 6:30 was a perfect time to be awake.  Ugh.  Anywho, I took advantage of the time by myself allowing Daniel to sleep, and I worked out.  I have never exercised the day of Thanksgiving, and I'm glad I did.  It made the massive amounts of food on my plate seem not so bad!  We had Daniel's family at Grandma Stella & Buddy's at 1pm and my sister hosted my family at 5pm.  We all really enjoyed spending time with our families, and most important - we have a new addition to Thanksgiving this year!  This was Abby's first Thanksgiving, and we just love our little turkey.  She has brought so much joy into our family, and we are so thankful for that.  Here are just a few little memories of our day, and obviously they all include our little Abby Cadabby:


Gobble, gobble


Abby enjoying her first Thanksgiving dinner

 

Thanksgiving is a day that everyone sits back and really evaluates the blessings in their lives - this year is no different.  This past year has brought so many new situations to us - an incredible niece, the loss of a job & starting a new one, working hard together to make our house a home, and making our marriage the absolute best it can be to prepare for now and the future.  We have a home, health, great families, jobs that provide, and so much love.  I hope this spirit of Thanksgiving carries throughout the year.

Daniel went out Black Friday shopping late last night.  I woke up this morning to this-
A very long, very sweet "Happy Thanksgiving & I Love You" letter with a set of 10 Honora pearl bracelets!

I have been eyeing these pearls by Honora for years - ever since we gave it to Annabeth as a HS graduation gift.  I noticed they were on a huge Black Friday deal at Kohls for less than half the price at Fink's.  Now, I'm sure they quality is much less, but beautiful nonetheless.  Daniel went out before midnight to stand in line (#1 at Kohls) to get me a "you're beautiful" gift.

Right now we love listening to the new Matchbox 20 album.  And to quote "I'm gonna be there always" - that's how I feel right now.  No matter what happens - good or bad - we are going to be there for each other always.  It may not always be easy, or pretty, or fun - but we have each other and that's what counts.  We have come a long way in the eight and a half years we've been together, and we both know this will last forever. 

Thank you to my amazing husband - not only for this act of love that means so much, but for being there and for loving me all the time and constantly challenging me to be a better person.  I'm so in love with you, and I absolutely cannot wait to see what's in store for us!  PS

No comments:

Post a Comment