Monday, November 19, 2012

A Very Thanksgiving Weekend

Wow, what a fabulous weekend! 
On Friday - Daniel and I went out to dinner with our neighbors to Howlett's.  The plans were very last minute, and we were able to purchase a Groupon last minute, and we really enjoyed ourselves.  The food was good - the company was even better.

Now onto Saturday - our Chesterfest 2012 Friendsgiving.  The good food-even better company continued.  I spent the morning cooking/prepping, the afternoon watching Hokie football, and about 4pm everyone started arriving.  We had a total of 16 1/2 (Abby was the half!) - and it was so much fun.  I'm looking forward to this being an annual tradition.  After dinner, Daniel got busy with the firepit - and we enjoyed S'mores and lots of laughs!

Sunday was the Trevillian Thanksgiving at my parents house.  It's the first Thanksgiving we've had since my grandma passed away, so we had to do things a little bit different.  My parents offered to host Thanksgiving, which means Kelly & I are volunteered to help.  I think that's the best part - spending time with family and helping to host a fun meal.  There were lots of little feet running and crawling around, and it's amazing how that family just grows and grows.  33 Trevillians in attendance total - my mom surely was exhausted!  Daniel & I finished off our amazing weekend with the perfect night - Dexter & snacks in bed.  I woke up this morning feeling blessed beyond measure - and Thanksgiving hasn't even arrived!

P.S. on a fun note - Abby's latest trick is to bark like a dog.  Isn't that just the cutest!?  I'm sure it gets old for Kelly & Derek, but I really enjoy it haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment