Monday, August 14, 2017

The Going-to-Bed-Series

Our girls have this uncanny ability to gang up on you when you're alone every.single.time.

After the girls went down, Daniel went to hang out with Franco since he's in town.  Did they go straight to sleep?  Oh hell no.  They chatted, hugged, hit, and talked.  I decided to just let them be, until Sydney hit Ella in the head with her Baby, and she cried and cried and it was time for me to go intervene.

Have you ever read "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"?  Similarly, this was how me going up there went:

If Mama has to go up to kiss a boo-boo, she will smell some poop.
If she smells poop, she has to take Sydney out of the crib for a diaper change.
If she has to change Sydney's diaper, Ella will stand there and also want out.
If Ella wants out, she will want to be rocked.
If Ella wants to be rocked, Sydney will also want to be rocked.

So, this mama got both of her baby bears into her lap to be rocked.  Ella snuggled her little head right in, and clearly just needed to be snuggled.  Sydney didn't care to be rocked, she just wanted to be a part of the action.  So I obliged and soaked it in, until Sydney didn't quit squirming or singing "I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee".  Ella wasn't quite ready to quit rocking, but Sydney so sweetly walked over and put Ella's teddy bear into her crib and cut on Violet's lullabies, as to show her "here Ella, I got this all ready for you!".  My heart was mush.
Ella was all snuggled in, her face smooshed up on my chest

hey sweet girls! it's way past your bed time

No comments:

Post a Comment