Friday, August 11, 2017

Bitty Babies into Tiny Toddlers

The girls were born at a healthy, but still small, 6 lbz 1 oz and 5 lbs 7 oz.  Kelly birthed an almost-8 pound baby a month ago, and it was mind-blowing to think that the girls were almost 3 pounds LIGHTER than that... yet, they were still great sizes for twins.  They came home in preemie outfits, that were honestly a little snug.  The newborn clothes were way too big.  They only wore preemie clothes for about a week, and then newborn clothes for about 3 months. 

Over the 4th of July holiday, Grandma Georgia went to NY and visited the American Girl store.  She brought back Ella and Sydney their very own Bitty Babies.  As a child, I was never lucky enough to own a Bitty Baby or American Girl doll.  I remember looking through catalogs and wishing, but never had my own.  So these girls are l-u-c-k-y!

The night she brought them over, they were having fun changing their clothes.  I had an idea and went and grabbed some of their old preemie clothes - and they fit!  How crazy is that.  It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that my girls used to be this small.



Speaking of Grandma Georgia's trip to NY, she had this cool charcoal drawing of the girls done.  How neat!

And apparently I didn't' take an "after" pic... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment