Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Baby Sink Tree

If you've been with us on this journey for a few years, you know all about Baby Sink.  You also know about the Baby Sink tree planted in our yard by my family - a beautiful little Blue Spruce Christmas tree.  We put twinkling lights on it at Christmas and found a perfect star for the top.  In my opinion, it was the perfect tribute to our Christmastime baby.

When we had the girls, I wanted to take a picture of them in front of the tree each Christmas season and watch them (plus the tree) grow!  We did that for their first year - on Baby Sink day, which was also the day they were baptized.

2015


Last year it got diseased and died (oh, the irony...).  We replaced the tree, and continued with the annual picture tradition, with fingers crossed this tree would make it.
2016

But I couldn't bare to throw the original wood away, and had a friend's husband make me something with it.  Even more ironically, my friend, Riana, also had to say goodbye to a very much wanted baby boy named Beau, so we share quite the special bond; we're part of an exclusive club nobody ever wants to be in, but we make the most of it.

Pat finally finished his project (filled with lots of love), and delivered it to me this week.  Yall, my heart is singing! I love, love, love it.  He turned my wishes into more than I could ever expected.  It's so perfect and beautiful and full of love and meaning.
And it's now proudly hung in the center of our home.  We will walk by it, look at it, and love it each and every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment