Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spa & Shopping

This past weekend, Georgia treated Annabeth & me to a spa and shopping weekend away.  It was gloriously relaxing and lots of fun.  We started the weekend at Nesbit's Spa in Richmond.  How relaxing -- we each had one hour facials and a one hour massage, followed by a make-up touch-up.  After a morning of relaxation, we went to Nacho Mama's for lunch - yum!  Since it was an overcast and chilly day, we visited the Williamsburg Winery that afternoon for a tour & wine tasting.  After checking into the hotel and sitting down for a few minutes, we rounded out our day at the Yankee Candle Shop.  Saturday was spent shopping ALL day.  We only breaked to go to the bathroom and eat lunch.  We were able to get such great deals - $37 for two pair of shoes at New Balance, $8 shirts at GAP, $4 (yep, $4) sweaters from Ann Taylor.  On Monday, we ran a few errands, got our toes painted, and ate lunch before heading home!  I most certainly missed Daniel, but enjoyed the weekend away.

Tons of barrels storing red wine at the Williamsburg Winery

The cutest little butter churn I found at the Yankee Candle Shop - my grandma has a full size one that I used to always play with at her house!  I hope to inherit that one day :)

LOTS and LOTS of shopping!

We drove by the bar we shut down the night of my bachelorette party... don't worry, I only took a picture, I didn't get on the bar ;)
Kelly sent me the absolute cutest picture of Abby... sporting the cutest pigtails & grin!


I follow "VT Compliments" on Facebook - it's where people can send in Anonymous nice comments about things they've witnessed in Blacksburg.  This is by far my favorite, and made me laugh!
Other than that... not too interesting of a week.  I've had some sort of sinusy mess, so I've been doing lots of resting.  This weekend is Mother's Day, and since Momma is out of town, I'll be spending lots of quality time with my Granma.  She's invited me to a Tea at church on Saturday, and I'm taking her to church on Sunday.  Then, Daniel & I have a lunch at Grandma Stella's on Sunday afternoon... should be lots of fun, like always!

No comments:

Post a Comment