Monday, March 11, 2013

Robin & Co.

I was so honored when Robin asked me to be her Matron of Honor.  I know that role includes lots of support, keeping my best friend happy, and helping her keep her eye on the "prize" - a beautiful wedding day, and even more, a successful, happy marriage. 

When Robin told me she wanted to go to Burlington, NC to go wedding dress shopping - I was so giddy!  I couldn't wait!  She told me all about her entourage that would be coming - her mama, future MIL, wanda's best friend, all bridesmaids except one.  That's when I knew that my "support" part of my role would be crucial.  I went into covert mode.  We need to keep everyone happy (read: normal blood sugar, don't let it drop), we need to keep Robin the main focus (happy and with the dress of her dreams), and we need to have fun!  I did a little bit of Pinterest-searching, soul-searching, and thought about when I was dress shopping and what we needed to be successful.  I came up with the idea of a gift bag for everyone.  We all need tissues {for crying when Robin finds the perfect dress}, a notepad to take notes of which dresses are best, and lots of snacks, sugar, and drinks.  So here we go, two months of planning later...

Working on getting everything organized!

Found this amazingly cute idea on Pinterest - replace the water bottle label with duct tape, voila!


All of the bags are done!
And ready for their owners!


Here's a little something extra - personalized hangers for Robin & Wanda
I think they were a huge success!  Everyone stayed sugared-up, happy, and Robin found the perfect dress! 

The Robin & Co. bags contained:
-a personalized notepad with felt flowers in the wedding colors, and a pen
-good-smelling sugar scrub, with fancy spoon
-tissues
-a personalized candle
-hand sanitizer
-a chex-mix treat

I also had a "sugar" bag filled with candy bars, a "snacks" bag filled with crackers, and a cooler full of drinks!  We had a fun little tailgate in the parking lot of Bridal Mart at "halftime" (after Robin found her dress, but before bridesmaid dress shopping).  It was the perfect little break.

Oh, and I forgot to mention - Robin & Co. is AMAZING!  Everyone that went on the adventure had so much fun, we laughed and laughed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment