Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snowflakes for Sandy Hook

On December 14, 11 days before Christmas - there was another unimaginable tragedy - a school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary.  20 children, 6 adults, and the shooter's mother were all killed.  Horrific.  Anywho, let's not get bogged down in the sadness.  I heard on the news that the CT PTSA asked for paper snowflakes to decorate the new school as a winter wonderland.  That is such a fun and easy thing to bring smiles to children's faces and can warm your heart!  So the next day, the last day of work before break, I gathered the few coworkers who were around and we all made snowflakes!  I sent them yesterday, and I truly hope they will be mesmerized by a winter wonderland :)

<3
I will continue to pray for all of those affected - from the victims' families to the first responders, I know from personal experience this is a life-long struggle.  The only thing we can do is continue to make a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment