Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December update

A few weeks went by and I didn't update because, well, we are boring and there wasn't much to update - then BAM! lots of fun stuff happening!  So here's the skinny:

Our dear Wanda Bear turned FIFTY on December 18th (Happy Birthday Sweet Wanda!) - but in preparation for the big day, Robin has been planning a surprise party all year!  We planned for months and partied on December 1st.  I am SO glad to say that she was suprised!  If you don't know Wanda, let me fill you in - she knows everything that is going on.  It is near-impossible to get anything past her.  Well, Robin did the impossible and pulled off the surprise!  What a fun, fun evening celebrating a pretty fantastic lady!  I don't have many pictures, so here is all i have-


Annabeth helping to ice lots and lots of mini cupcakes and brownie bites



Robin making the country club BEAUITFUL with pom poms!
Fifty & Fabulous cake

Cute mini cupcakes with pom-pom toppers

Dessert table set-up
The next weekend was my birthday :)  I took Friday off for a long weekend, and admist a pending sinus infection, we ran lots of christmas errands, made Christmas crafts (can't wait to show you!), and wrapped Christmas gifts!  Even better - we were treated with a special visit from Abby, and we were able to watch her for the afternoon :)
Abby loved the Rudolphs on the back of my socks

Sweet thing

Watching Home Alone

Oh - and to top it off - my BEST FRIEND GOT ENGAGED!!!  That's right - Ben & Robin are officially tying the knot!  I couldn't be more excited for two incredible people.  I am looking forward to the fun year to come!  xoxo
BEAUTIFUL!
My grandma gave me extra pieces to my Elfa organizer from The Container Store - woo hoo!  We all know that storage space is a hot commodity around our house, so I have to make space where I can.  I love it!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new organizers!
Speaking of birthday gifts - you know, there isn't a whole lot of "stuff" I need/want.  And, quite frankly, I don't want for someone to give me a gift just for the sake of giving a gift.  So, I asked my dear husband for a trip away in lieu of a gift.  We found a great Living Social deal for a resort in VA Beach.  For $80, we got a suite and a $25 spa credit.  The resort had wonderful reviews, so we went for it!  We went last weekend, on Friday, and I am so glad we did.  We arrived to the beautiful resort, and walked into our room which had the fireplace going for us!  How neat is that.  I used my spa credit for the Chocolate Peppermint Pedi, which was oh-so relaxing, while drinking a Starbucks treat.  We enjoyed a delicious dinner on the beach, and drove on the Boardwalk to see their Christmas lights!  The resort is beautifully decorated - we walked around and enjoyed their outdoor firepits.  On our way back on Saturday, we stopped by the outlets which was a madhouse, and all-in-all had an incredible time!  Much needed romantic getaway!
Daniel & Myself in front of the beautifully decorated fireplace
YUM!  Best ever bloody mary

crab - perfect for the beach!

Santa surfing

my handsome husband hanging out near the fire pit

isn't this place gorgeous?

xoxo
And THIS is what I got to wake up to!  how relaxing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment