Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Getting Ready and Out the Door

Sigh.

Each weekday morning, I have to get two tiny tots up and ready and out the door. Most mornings, my patience is tested with their toddler bipolar and irrational ways, but we make it alright. Mercury must be in retrograde because the other morning was extra special. They cried 96% of the time. Exhibit A shows them both crying. Go ahead and zoom in and see that there's shit all over the mirror. That's because Ella sprayed hair-detangler all over the bathroom while I was getting Sydney dressed. Finally I said we are going to put getting ready on hold. Naturally, calming two down is hard on a mama's heart and her arms, so we climbed into bed for some hugs, exhibit B. I promise them a movie in the van, which is a rarity on school mornings, but I really needed them to wear pants and socks and shoes. A riot ensued when said movie couldn't be immediately watched because I couldn't open up the doors and START MY CAR. Exhibit C shows the innocent worker, who just so happened to pull up to put on siding at the Courington's house, and got roped into saving three damsels in distress.
We are all safe and sound and warm and fed in our respective places (daycare for them, work for me), but DAMN this is hard sometimes. I also wish I had an extra set of arms to wrap them all up when they're having simultaneous melt downs.
I need to give a big ole thanks to my friend Michael Buble and his holiday station on Pandora and with the promise of Stranger Things and a big glass of Moscato after bedtime, we'll make it.
Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

No comments:

Post a Comment