Thursday, March 10, 2016

Nearly one.

Since February only had 29 days, that means that we get an extra month, right??  Our girls didn't ever turn 11 months old in February, so the calendar gods gifted us extra time.  Wrong.  We never get a break when it comes to time slowing down.  It just keeps on speeding up faster than lightning.

So here we are with two extremely happy, healthy, and fun 11-month old ladies.  I knew that this day would come - a month away from turning ONE.  A year ago, I was miserable.  Let me repeat: M.I.S.E.R.A.B.L.E.  I was driving Daniel's car to and from work because I couldn't get into my van.  I was waking up each night in tears because everything hurt.  My belly felt like it couldn't possibly get any bigger, my feet were getting filled up with fluid, and we spent half of every Friday morning visiting with doctors and seeing our girl's faces up on the screen.  I couldn't wait until I was no longer pregnant, but dug my heels in and crossed my legs and stuck it out.  The warmer weather we've had this week is reminiscent of the day I tried to wear a cute dress (sans leggings) and my huge belly rested on my thighs and, girlfriend, it wasn't pleasant.  Oh, memory lane....

Anyways, back to reality - a much more fun, pleasant, and happy reality!  The past month has been filled with so many new things.  Ella now stands up like a champ.  Sydney cruises along furniture.  She hasn't quite realized that she can let go, otherwise she would be walking by now.  But I'm not complaining, nor am I urging her to walk, because that's just too much for me to handle.  They both eat whatever we eat.  I just cut it up smaller than necessary because I'm paranoid.  Their go-to's are: hummus on toast, peanut butter on toast, cut up mozzarella cheese, green beans, puffs.  They've had a sudden distaste for cheerios (???), and when Ella refuses to eat, she will gladly eat out of my hand.  Like a dog.  Not sure why the cut up cheese is okay to eat off my hand but not her tray, but whatever.  They both crawl around like crazy - and play!  If you crawl after them, they'll turn around, notice that you're about to "get them" and laugh hysterically and crawl away.  Sydney can "kiss" and will pucker her lips inward and smack them.  Ella will blow a kiss, but won't actually kiss... so put them together and you have a perfectly blown kiss coming your way.  Sydney will wave bye-bye, and will say "bye-bye-bye-bye", so we'll take it.  Sydney's hair is growing in as blonde as it can be, and seems to be curling!  Ella's hair is darker and much more straight.  Ella is starting to move into 6-9 month clothing, and Sydney is hanging out comfortably in 3-6 month size.  I never imagined I would have babies this petite!  {But love them to pieces... small babies are wayyyy cuter}  Both have brown eyes, Sydney's much darker and Ella's a little bit more green.  Sydney is a daredevil, and Ella is a snuggler.  Both absolutely polar opposites, but so beautiful and adorably cute in their own way.

Roll-that-beautiful-11-month-footage:

I love Ella clapping and side-eyeing Sydney





sweet Elle

blowing a kiss!


fearless Miss Syd


the epitome of "the light of our lives"
Next Chapter: ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment