Thursday, November 2, 2017

Beginning of Fall update

Our two are so, so fun - always keeping us on our toes and always laughing with their little toddler antics and voices and brains.  There's also the bipolar and irrational side to toddlers, which daily tests our patience.. but hey, it's not always unicorns and rainbows :)

Just a little summary of their current antics and phrases:

When we're doing anything and someone lags behind, the slow one will yell "Guys, wait for me!"

They love to use the term guys.  When we're on the way to school, they'll say "Yook, a train, guys!  Yook!  A school bus, guys!"

A very, very annoying question they ask about 100x per hour is "Hey, whatcha doin'??"

Sydney is fiercely independent.  If she has in her little mind that she wants to do something, she will very loudly let you know she's unhappy about it and will cry and say "No, I DO IT!"  If you carry her down the stairs, and she wanted to do it herself "No, I DO IT!"  And she will walk right up those stairs you carried her down and walk down them herself.  Did you shut the door when she wanted to shut it herself?  "No, I DO IT!" and she will walk over, open the door, and then shut it herself.  Girlfriend, as frustrating as it is now as your momma, I hope you harness your independence and passion and do good with it when you're older.

The other day in the kitchen, Ella started crying, but it was really petty and sounded fake.  Sydney walks over and says "No, Eyya, I'm crying" and proceeds to also fake cry.  So then Ella comes back with "No, Syd-ee, I'm crying" - and they proceeded to argue over who had the right to cry.

The other night, I was driving the girls home from my mom's, and we were stopped at a long stoplight leaving the neighborhood.  Up in the sky right there to the right, the moon was big and full and bright.  The sweetest conversation happened.  I seriously want to bottle it up and listen to it forever.
S: You see da moon, Eyya?
E: I see da moon, Syd-ee
S: What shape it is?
E: A cir-tle, Syd
S: Dats right, Eyya.  It's not movin'.
E: It's not movin'.  It's fy-in' (flying).
S: Bye moon!  See you ya-ta.  It's nap time.

I love how they use each other's name when talking to each other in just general conversation.  They really do sound like little old ladies.
S: "Daddy took off my boo boo band-aid, Eyya"
E: "Okay, Syd-ee"
--And the other morning I heard over the monitor
S: "Hey, Eyya, I got my puppy!!  Do you see, Eyya?  My puppy!!" and hugged it really tight (she grits her teeth when she hugs with so much intensity)
E: "Yes, Syd-ee, okay okay, I see it"

So time to kick-off our beginning-of-fall update before it's winter-time...
I sold in our SAMOM yard sale for the first time, which is a pretty big time commitment, so Daniel was on his own for a bit.  The great dad that he is, he kept my messages filled up with cute pics of our ladies and all the fun things they do.
Ella and Kim getting it on with some chips and dip

Daddy & Sydney selfie at their mexican date
I woke up way before the sun came up to head to the sale.  Daniel got the ladies up and ready and went to cheer on cousin Abby at her soccer game.
A few night's prior, Kim came over and said "hey, how do you want to go to the Clemson game??"  Ya'll, Clemson is ranked #1, and it's a night game in Blacksburg.  At first I was speechless, then it was a big old "hell yeah!".  So after the sale, we headed out West (yep, we were there the week before), while Daniel stayed at home with the ladies.  I snagged a nap in the car, and we were going to cheer on the Hokies!

 While we were tailgating (in lot #1, might I add), look who drove by...
That's right.  Frank Beamer.
The coolest thing happened before the game - 4 sky divers came right into the field.  Each had a flag, the most awesome being this HUGE American flag.

Kim squared

night game in Blacksburg, nothing like it


meanwhile back at home....

look who showed up to the game!

that's right.

and of course, don't forget about my boy Frank

So anyways, it was awesome, and so much fun, and we're always so thankful we have such fantastic neighbors who are always thinking of us and looking after us.
Sunday night craft for school the next day
Bored?  Need a guaranteed fun time, and a place where toddlers are contained?  The big bath tub it is...


someone was getting ready to poop in the tub... so Daddy dove in, wrapped her up, and got her on the potty
I know these are blurry, but these two are really starting to love on each other



"Choo choo!"
"You hear da train??"

We went to the doctor for flu shots.
Sydney is crushing it at 22 lbs (seriously, I thought she was only 20), and Ella is 25.5.  Yay for healthy and growing girls!
In preparation for Halloween, and refusing to pay more than $10 for yellow tights...
Momma had to die some herself.
You'll see our Halloween costumes later (probably January at the rate I'm going with updating), but I kicked ass for only $2.77
And before we head off to school and work for the day...



Daniel and I celebrated Adam and Kayla (rehearsal dinner first then wedding), so the girls got to hang out with Nana and Papa for a bit.
princesses

best friends

wagon rides at Nana's

cousins came over to watch football.. look at this table full of sweet friends who are family

handsome groomsmen and a photo-bombing-groom

Kayla & Adam

forever wedding date

I'm a lucky third wheel with these two
That's it for now!  I've gotta update you guys on our Massanutten trip and Halloween - before you know it we'll be into the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment