Monday, September 21, 2015

Dog Days, cont..

...dog days continued!
So typical - Sydney hanging out with her hands behind her head, and Ella smiling (but note: Sydney smiles a lot!)

My whole world - Daniel & "Double Trouble"

Typical Sydney behavior.  This girl LOVES to have something over her face.  Her bib over her face is totally intentional

Double Trouble, 19 weeks old
My Granma's house sold (she's been living at The Hermitage since February).  My mom has been working hard to get everything packed up, and I haven't really been able to help her :(  My sister and I went over one day to go through her jewelry, and the girls even got to try things one!  Pretty dolled up babies:
Sweet Sydney - a necklace and earrings!
Ella Bear - you can't tell but her necklace as an "E" pin that we clipped on for this picture.  Ella gets to keep the pretty gold pin, since she shares the same first initial with her Great-Granma

Baby bellies & jewelry
After a fun-filled morning at my Granma's, the Overstreets came over for some fun at the pool
happy cousins!
Ella really enjoyed gnawing on Sydney

and I mean REALLY enjoyed it.  She was turned over just going to town, and it didn't bother S one bit


hanging out in our floats with daddy

post-swim snooze on the lounge chair
We made some super-cute footprint crafts/flip-flops to hand out as Thank Yous + summertime gifts

hanging out in our cute seats on the counter while our parents do some work in the kitchen

I can't resist a good full-lap picture.  The girls enjoyed some Sunday snoozes on me, and I enjoyed every second of it

snuggled up in the rock 'n sleep so my parents could enjoy a steak dinner!

x2

I know I've mentioned my friend Lisa before.  Her twins, Mary-Grace and Hollis, are 3 weeks younger than Ella & Sydney.  She currently lives in NC, but is (thankfully!) moving to VA in the near future!  She has been such a life saver, an awesome advice-giver, and fabulous twin-mom I can lean on.  She recently came over for a visit when she was in town.  Unfortunately, this is one of the only pictures we took!  We didn't get one of all 4 babies... but that's life when babies multiply.
Mary-Grace holding hands with Ella, and Sydney acting like a fool
The girls were given GORGEOUS monogrammed gowns from my friend Andrea's mom.  We finally are able to (almost) fit in them, and of course had to take a few pictures!  Buckle up for some preciousness


happy girls in momma's lap


I had to sneak in a fingernail snipping session - 20 fingers is a lot!  This is the first time I used scissors vs. having my mom rescue us or using a finger nail file!  no itty bitty fingers were accidentally cut!


so much sweetness

Sydney is so happy, smiling and holding onto her BFF
I can't get enough pictures with them in my lap
Annabeth is getting married on October 10th!  We threw her an awesome Lilly Pulitzer themed Monograms & Mimosas bridal brunch.
gorgeous set-up
mimosa bar

such a cute towel cake (thanks Pinterest) and some sweet treats

Wishes for Annabeth & Jarrett

the pretty bride

the ladies came prepared to the monogrammed shower, complete with adorable monogrammed bloomers

Sydney smiling up at Grandma Stella

Hi Grandma Stella!
Every now and then I feel like a twin-mom bad ass.  This is one of those moments that I asked someone to snap a picture of me before I was able to get help.  Feeding both ladies, in a dress, on the floor, like a total bad ass.  Ella is hanging out in Seth's car seat and Sydney is in my lap.

Aunt Ashley and Ella Bear

Cousins hanging out at Annabeth's shower

pretty bridesmaids + the bride

this girl didn't mind the noise and fuss going on around here
After the shower, Daniel was busy building a swing set for Jacob, so the girls and I had a Saturday afternoon chill session.
Sydney, your arm STILL tastes good, even after all this time...

smiling up at the TV

cousin tummy-time
happy girls in their cute summertime rompers
I went to get a hair-cut one evening after work, and received this picture of my bad-ass-twin-dad-husband.  Holding two is a lot harder than you think.
Ugh... and then this happened.  Ella had been rolling over so much, it was time to lower her crib.  I'm happy that she is growing and developing, but I'm not going to lie, I teared up a bit when Daniel sent this picture to me.  I love having their cribs so high.  We love to have them hang out together in one crib as we get them dressed for bed.  The smile and giggle, and it's just the best!

This early-bird hung out with me while I got everything ready for our day
This is what our early-morning staff meetings look like.  The girls do awesome playing on their tummies while I get bottles ready.


we HAD to take a picture of Sydney looking like a homeless baby.  She had just spit up all over her shirt, so I just took it off her and she fell asleep.  Sometimes you have to roll with the punches
post-bathtime fun on the same changing pad.  even though they are growing like weeds, it's nice to remember that they are still pretty small and can do fun things like this :)


Another morning staff meeting on the blanket
I handed the girl's their letter for the first time, and this is the outcome.  Of course, Ella wanted to eat the letter E.  Surprised?  You shouldn't be.
Sydney says, "Ella, I want to hold your hand AND the letter S!"


 
Our summer has been really, really great.  We've enjoyed our summertime weekends with the ladies, and each and every evening after we get off work and get to snuggle our little ladies.  We are looking forward to going to the beach the week of Labor Day, and will be busy with a few more showers and packing to head to Corolla.

No comments:

Post a Comment