Sunday, November 30, 2014

Whoa, we're halfway there

Halfway.
Wait, when did that happen?
A moment this big calls for one of the greatest songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDK9QqIzhwk

"Whoa, we're halfway there
Whoa, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it I swear"




Oh, how true that is.  We are so very excited that in 19 weeks or less, we'll meet our little girls!  And oh boy, we have so much left to do.  Just in the past few weeks we have made some serious moves.  The biggest move of all - we finally named Baby B!  We had a short list of four names - Olivia, Madeline, Madison, and Sydney.  We thought about it for a few days and finally settled on... drumroll please... Sydney!  We both love that name, it doesn't seem too trendy, it sounds good with Ella but isn't too matchy matchy, and it goes perfectly with her middle name - Ann.  Ella's middle name is Grace, which her Daddy decided on because he just loved it.  I agree.  The night after we decided, look who sent me flowers at work - our girls!


Sydney and Ella.  Love, love, love
Daniel is just the greatest.  Amazing husband, and best dad ever.

In preparation for the VT vs UVA game, we decided to snap a picture of all of the Hokie gear the twins have accumulated... I have a feeling their closet will be FILLED with maroon and orange, and I'm okay with that :)

Thanks to a glitch at Target.com, we purchased two carseats for the price of one!  Cha ching
 

 

I love monster stuff for kids SO much, and even though we aren't having a boy, we are incorporating monsters into our house.  I just had to find the right way.... [insert lots of brainstorming here].  I decided that monsters would be super cute in their bathroom.  After lots of searching and pinteresting, I found some super cute monster fabric and my mom is going to help make my monster bathroom dream a reality!  I finally decided on a rug for the playroom, and purchased it on a good black friday deal!  We went to Babies 'R Us last night to return a few things and browse around, and we found a white dresser on major clearance.  Another big purchase - check.  Let's hope the to-do list keeps getting shorter :)
 
And, to top it all off, we have another date with our girls on Friday <3

No comments:

Post a Comment