Thursday, July 11, 2013

dining room painting & other updates!

In my last post, I told you that we are making an effort to be healthier, and joined American Family Fitness.  Well, things are going fabulous.  I've gone to several other classes, a few at 6am (that's quite an accomplishment!), and we are really enjoying it.  Daniel & Matthew are doing a great job with their Couch to 5K... Daniel even did some running while we were at the Bay (an even bigger accomplishment than a 6am class).  Tonight I am going to try Zumba (read: look ridiculous)... I'll let you know how that goes.  I'm only down a pound, Daniel is down 6 (he looks at a gym and loses weight), but we are getting healthy, and that's what counts.

We finished the "main" painting in the dining room, and now we all have left to do is prime/paint the trim white, and put everything back in place.



winning brownie points


looking good!

We are finally able to hang the dyson!  love, love, love
I have a new soap pump in our bathroom.  My dear friend, Kristin, helped me out (she had the right "hole punching" tool.  I love it!


mason jar soap pump - so cute!

Last Wednesday we went to The Bay for the 4th of July, and we had so much fun & made so many memories, I'll have to dedicate an entire post just for the trip!

Monday was Daniel's first furlough day - 1 down, 10 to go.  That's 11 weeks with a 20% pay cut.... thanks government.  I'm trying to be positive about the situation - last year Daniel didn't have a job at all, so 20% should be easy-peasy, but it just stinks.  Sometimes we feel like we just can't get ahead.  Oh well, you never know what could happen - they could shorten it, we could get back pay, etc.  We just keep thinking positive thoughts, and every now and then get a little mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment