Thursday, June 27, 2013

So-long, Walmart

A few weeks ago, I was offered a different position with TMA in accounting.  Since Walmart is on the slower side of things right now, I gladly accepted.  I've been down in accounting for 2 weeks now, and have really enjoyed learning new things and a whole different side of the advertising business.  On Monday night, we had a summer party with the Walmart team at Brad's house - and we had a great time.  There are several other people also transitioning off the Walmart account, and Brad said a few words of gratitude and thanks.  Surprisingly, I was one of them!  (I'm too low on the totem pole to think that would have happened.)  He said the kindest things about me - how I was irreplaceable, I was the team/agency's Concur guru, and how much I'm missed already.  Such a treat - I'll miss my Walmart team immensely, but I'm thrilled to be in the same building and have already had tons of visitors in my new spot.

Laughing at being the team's "Concur guru"

Me and my handsome guy

On another note, we harvested our first cucumber!  Last night, we had a very healthy dinner, which included our very own cucumber.  It was soooo delicious - tastes just like Grandma Stella's!  I'm looking foward to a summer filled with home-grown cucumbers.

Here she is.... just prior to harvesting

And finally, on Tuesday night, we joined American Family Fitness right down the road for us.  Daniel has started a "Couch to 5K" with his brother, and I went to a 6am Body Pump class yesterday morning.  We have been working hard at being healthy (read: live a long time, not be super skinny), and this is another step in a fabulous change of our lifestyle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment