Monday, July 17, 2017

Bless you, Momma.

Their sweet voices melt my heart every.single.time.

The other morning I was driving the girls to school, and I sneezed.  All of a sudden, the sweetest little sound came from the back seat:

Bless you, Momma.

And tiny voice #2, Bless you, Momma.

Heart.
Puddle.
Floor.

Occasionally, they have trouble sleeping.  So I'll go up and lay them down, fetch water, or cut on the sound machine and projector.  Lately, I'll hear a sweet little voice say "pat my back, momma" and they'll take their own hand and pat their backs, motioning me to do the same.

Yes, each and every time, yes.  Let me pat your sweet back, and drift off to sleep.  Sometimes I'll even catch them on the monitor trying to pat each other's backs.

Ella loves to fall asleep holding onto a treasured item - bear, monkey, baby.  She's our snuggler

And Sydney has decided that UNDER the pillow is the place for her!


totally unprompted (but recreated for a picture) - Ella was getting dressed and Sydney was still hanging out in her crib chatting, and Ella walked on over and gave her the biggest hug

It's not always this angelic, sweet, and picture perfect - so I write down these memories to remember them when times get hard.  These are the times to remember.  And when shit gets hard, remind me to come back here and stay a while.  Wait, is there dust in the air?  I got some in my eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment