Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thankful

I'm so very thankful each and every day for the fabulous life I live - a cozy home filled with memories, two beautiful baby girls, a large and close family, food on our table, and the very best husband in the world.  But even more so on Thanksgiving - a day dedicated to being thankful.

Last year I pulled on my amazing and stretchy maternity leggings and basically sat in a chair and worked hard all day on getting in my required number of calories in order to bake big babies.  This year, we woke up to two of the most beautiful smiles you've ever seen (after a VERY long night of two crying babies), fed them bottles, set them in front of the parade, and perused the ads.  After a morning nap, we got them ready and headed off to see our big, loud, awesome families.

It was an awesome day.  We are so very lucky, and try hard not to take it for granted.

This is how I found Daniel on Thanksgiving morning - asleep on the couch with Miss Syd.  The girls were so fussy that night, that we ended up having to separate them (because they kept waking each other up).  Ella was in bed with me, and Sydney was with Daniel.

sweet girls watching the parade


after the girls went down for a nap, we were able to enjoy the ads + coffee :)

time for Thanksgiving Day pictures in our pretty outfits!



a leaf!

:) :) :)

At Grandma Stella's, Ella & Sydney played in a pile of ads for a long time!  They just loved it - I know what we're getting them for Christmas..

typical Sydney, wanting something that Ella has

happy girl - always smiling and moving

let's pick out something together..

 We headed over to my sister's, and enjoyed a lovely dinner with my side of the family.
Great Granma with her 4 Great-Grands.

cousins

Abby was trying to make Ella feel better when she started crying


I looked up and my dad was infatuated with one of the baby toys

happy daddy with his two little turkeys, watching Star Wars

Sydney.... oh, Sydney

I'm most thankful for my very full lap, full arms, and even fuller heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment