Tuesday, April 21, 2015

2015 happenings

I'm fully aware I've completely slacked off on all blog life updates.  Let's get past the hard feelings and just get on with the update, shall we?

We kicked off 2015 with a low-key celebration at the Malady's.  It was just a few of the coolest folks in Chester, and thanks to my plunging energy level from growing two humans, we welcomed the low-key festivities.  I loved kissing my main squeeze at midnight.  We just knew that 2015 would be filled with amazing memories - centered around our two baby girls!

When you are Type A like I am, you try to plan out everything possible.  Sometimes life doesn't always go as planned, and you have to be totally okay with it and just go with the flow.  We had planned to have a baby and sell my two door cute little Honda civic for a small SUV.  Getting pregnant with one baby turned into getting pregnant with TWO!  Cue change of plans.  A small SUV wouldn't be practical, so we had to go all out - minivan style.  So one extremely bitter cold morning, we test-drove a minivan, and ended up purchasing a few days later.  Introducing the coolest part of our driveway - complete with DVD player, "limo lights" in the back, automatic doors, touchscreen radio system, back-up camera, and plenty of space for two awesome girls and all of their gear!

2012 Chrysler Town & Country.  How fitting we snapped this picture on the morning of her first road trip: Ikea

A lot of our time spent in early 2015 was dedicated to prepping for the twins, so I don't have much to update you on.  When we weren't busy with baby-prep, we did lots of relaxing and enjoying time with just the two of us.  We had a few snow days and did some serious TV bingeing, but alas, I don't really document those situations with pictures :) 

Back in the Fall, we found out that Abby was going to be a big sister!  Here is the cutest announcement for Baby Overstreet #2:

And for Abby's birthday, she opened a gift that surprised everyone!
Abby is going to be a Big Sister to a Little Mister
That's right - we are about to have another nephew!  After SO many girls in my family - my sister and I, Abby, Ella and Sydney... what are we going to do with a boy??  Can't wait to meet that little guy, coming on/around July 7th.

Speaking of her birthday, Sweet Abby girl turned THREE!  How is that even possible?  We celebrated her birthday by making a trip to Walmart for her to pick out some fun toys and ate at her prego mom & sister's favorite spot, Jersey Mike's. 
The birthday girl eating lunch.  SO happy she is 3 and we could easily convince her to eat where we love to eat :)

playing with her new toys - a mermaid Barbie and purple sand - with her most favorite guy, Guncle
Celebrating Abby's birthday
Speaking of birthdays, fast forward a month and we celebrated Daniel's birthday!  We were wondering if the girls would make their appearance before/on his day, and thankfully they waited.  I was personally hoping they would wait because I didn't want his day to be overshadowed by his daughters.  He's much too important to not have his own day :)  We celebrated with my family, and what 29 year-old's birthday dinner isn't complete without having his piggies painted purple by a three year-old wearing Frozen pajamas?

On Daniel's actual birthday, he was in training all day (womp, womp), and I took a sick day from work due to some painful swelling.  We spent the evening with lots of our closest friends at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, and we had a blast.
Daniel with his birthday tequila shot.  He's too grown up for a choco taco.  Also, I spy a twin baby bump!

A few days later, we celebrated with his family at PF Changs... complete with this awesome Star Wars red velvet cake

I know that things have been crazy and all of the attention has been on twin-prep, but I hope Daniel knows how much we appreciate him and tried to make his birthday full of his favorite things.  Five days after his big day, his daughters have their own birthday!

See, I told you that we didn't have too much going on outside of the girls.  I'll work diligently on getting you many more updates ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment