Monday, July 14, 2014

Busy, busy! So much to catch up on

We have been so incredibly busy the past few months, and so much to catch you up on!  Last time we caught up it was APRIL!  Fast forward a few months and we are in the thick of the summer.  So here's what's been going on...

We celebrated April birthdays at work with a traditional pizza party:

One of our favorite little guys, Reed, was thrilled with the balloons his momma took home to him..


what a fun snapchat :)

the balloons went everywhere to him... even into the bathtub!  adorable

And they even ate dinner with us while D & I were watching him
We threw Ashley/Jacob a baby shower.  Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures, but here's a few
 

cute little diaper cakes on the tables - nautical theme to match the nursery :)

complete with a baby carriage fruit bowl

adorable cake pops shaped like sailboats

I made him a big personalized toy bucket

and a matching smaller one!  they went with the monster growth chart
And unfortunately that was all... I know, I'm a slacker.

Last year when I went to my favorite hairdresser for a trim, I decided about 5 minutes before the appointment that it would be a good idea to cut enough hair to donate.  Well, unfortunately, I was on the fence about how much hair I could spare, so I decided against it.  This time, you better believe I went into the appointment fully prepared.  I researched causes and found Pantene Beautiful Lengths uses the majority of the hair that's donated to them, and I only needed to have 8 inches to donate.  Why exactly did I want to donate?  First of all, it's only hair - it'll grow back.  If I don't enjoy short locks, then I could just wait a little bit and it would grow.  There are many people out there that need a wig because they are going through something terrible, and it's the least I could do.  Second, Robin's mama was the recipient of a wig she affectionately named "Suzie", and if I could help give someone their very own Suzie, then why not?  And the good news - I LOVE it!  I've literally never had short hair.  Ever.  My mom said the last time she can remember was when I was itty bitty and my hair was growing.  No joke.  The rule growing up was, your hair has to be able to fit in a pony tail.  Daniel wasn't sure about short hair, either.  Now, he loves it, too! 
Well, with no futher ado, here you go:

Before

Right before the big snip!

Yep, that's a long pony full of blonde locks!

After

Nine inches later

and off she goes!


The weekend after the shower, Annabeth graduated from Longwood!  She is the third Sink to call Longwood her alma mater.  Fortunately/Unfortunately (depending on who you are), Matthew has decided he does NOT want to call LU home.  He's looking more at VT, JMU, George Mason, etc. He's now a senior, so it's time to start getting serious for him!  Anywho, I digress, we had a fun time celebrating Annabeth as she finishes up college to become a teacher.
snapchats from the pretty graduate!

graduations = boredom = selfies

marching in!

Sink siblings

Annabeth and J <3

with the pretty grad!
 

Aunt/Uncle love all the way from PA

proud parents
We celebrated Annabeth all weekend, and even snuck in Mother's Day on Sunday.  The weekend after, Daniel attended Bobby's bachelor extravaganza in West Virginia.  Unfortunately, Kristen's bachelorette weekend conflicted with Annabeth's graduation, so I couldn't go :(  The boys did so many manly things - white water rafting, camping, ziplining, and smoked cigars and drank to their hearts content.

they had a blast!
We celebrated May birthdays at work with a fun "May Flowers" party.  It was complete with cute handmade flower spoons and make-your-own dirt cups!
 


dirt cups with all the fixin's

adorable spoons
Speaking of flowers... I woke up one morning and decided I was interested in container gardening.  Where the heck did that wild hair come from?  Anywho, I looked into it a little and realized it is really pricey to start-up.  So, I called upon a fellow gardener, my dad, and knew he had several containers just hanging around.  He let me have his stash that has been sitting unused for probably a decade.  I tried my best to clean them up, visited our favorite garden shop, and here's the pretty finished product!
 
neglected containers about to have new life breathed into them (a touch dramatic??)

Applying some Commet and a lot of scrubbing

our bounty from the garden shop

voila! front porch prettiness

back deck - elephant ears and sweet potato vine

pretty petunias
And since it's been almost two months post planting, I'm happy to report all of the plants are still alive and are growing, with the exception of my dahlias, who were murdered after an incident involving our house being powerwashed (RIP).

After we had some very busy weekends, it was nice to sit on our back deck, enjoy the nice weather (and flowers!), and consume some margs with my favorite person ever.


<3

After the sun had set, we discovered a POSSUM under our deck.  Seriously - check out that scary glare we caught on camera

Alright folks, that's it for now... there is so much more to update you on, so check back real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment