Friday, April 25, 2014

April Funsies

We've had a fun & busy April!  We started out the month at Busch Gardens & celebrating Robin's birthday (updated in the last post).  The following weekend we spent lots of good family time in Pennsylvania with Daniel's family.  We spent lots of time outside - playing and catching up.  We did some shopping, ate lots of really good food, and visited with Franco and his girlfriend :)  We had a really great time.
Annabeth & Kinsey being silly

Daniel & I with our treasures Kinsey had us wearing - a necklace and flower pin

Lots of back porch sittin' with my favorite SIL

:)

Painting Kinsey's fingers... after she served us lots of "food" made from pinecones

Daniel & Nicholas playing hockey

We met Franco & Chrissy at Primanti Brothers.... such good food & enjoyed a long dinner with them!

My sandwich - corned beef.  All sandwiches come with coleslaw and french fries... take me back!

On the LONG car ride home from PA, Daniel received the happiest news - he was offered a promotion!  I'm so, so proud of him.  He has worked so hard since he's been with the government, and I'm thrilled he has something to show for it.

April 16 has always been a day I dread.  The weeks/days leading up to it are actually worse than the actual day.  But this year, it wasn't nearly as painful.  I took the day off, like usual, and went to the gym.  For the first time ever, I ran a 3.2 for 32!  I was determined to do that, ever since the first year they did a Rememberance Run.  I was so proud.  And as if that wasn't enough, I did an hour-long body pump class.  I went home and thought I was meeting Daniel for a quick lunch, but he surprised me with gorgeous flowers & came home to telework the rest of the day.  It was such a nice surprise!  And I ended up having a not-so bad day :)


Beautiful flowers

Ran my very own 3.2 for 32

We had a fabulous Easter weekend.  We kicked off the weekend grilling out at the Sink Household.  We had our families over to celebrate Daniel's promotion.  We grilled chicken, roasted potatoes and corn, fruit... and ended the evening with s'mores around the campfire!  I didn't snap any pictures, except for this gem:




Daniel celebrated with an entire bottle of champagne, so he spent Saturday morning on a serious recovery mission.  We spent the afternoon celebrating Easter with the Trevillians.

Sunday morning we woke up, watched Sunday Morning & drank coffee/tea (our favorite Sunday morning activity), and went to church.  Abby started out in the church nursery, and ended up coloring with us!  She did as good as a two year old can do in church :)  After everyone went home and changed out of church clothes, we enjoyed a nice Easter lunch/dinner in our newly completed dining room (read: chair slipcovers are FINALLY done... and beautiful), and we played outside.  The weather was gorgeous, and Abby was so cute hunting for Easter eggs and "codoring" with Guncle outside.  What a fabulous day!


coloring on the floor during church

me and my main squeeze... unintentionally matching

beautiful dining room - complete & all ready for Easter dinner!

Fails/Trevillians/Overstreets/Sink clan

Abby on an Easter egg hunt!

"Look, I know how to open them..."

Found one hidden in the Baby Sink tree!

"codoring"

best pals

she's unbelievably cute

So we had a cookout Friday... break Saturday... Easter dinner Sunday... break Monday... naturally, let's throw another party on Tuesday!  This year is Annabeth's golden birthday, meaning she turned 22 on the 22nd.  It was a big deal to her, so I made it my mission to celebrate like it's a big deal!  Ashley & I surprised her with a fun little dinner party... and the cherry on top was Jarrett surprising her, too!  She thought we were going to Don Jose (typical!  and her birthday is anything but typical), but we surprised her... mission accomplished :)


lemon cupcakes with lots of fun gold accents!  gold ribbon on the plate, gold cupcake wrappers, and gold toppers



Making good use of our dining room... complete with gold chargers, napkins in the shape of bows, and gold ribbon on the candles


Pasta bar!  Complete with two different pastas, grilled chicken, meatballs, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, and cheese.  We also had salad, garlic bread, and desserts!


"Everything will be alright if we keep dancing like we're twenty-two" - Taylor Swift
Annabeth is just so sweet, and I hope that we made her feel as special as she really is.  She is always there for us - dropping everything and doing what we need/ask, especially with all that happened in December.  We love, love, love you to pieces, and are so appreciate of all you do!

Coming up: Ashley's baby shower, Annabeth's graduation, and weddings!

No comments:

Post a Comment