Friday, April 19, 2013

Just to make you smile

There is no doubt we've had lots and lots of laughs the past 8 weeks since Buddy has been sick and passed away.  Here are just a few snippets to make you smile.

Grandma's "update" email the morning Buddy died:

George passed away this morning at 6:30.  He died in his sleep peacefully.  Anna came down and told me  about 7.  Was awake waiting for clock to go off for my daily trip to Richmond.  He was just considerate to save me another trip.  Will let you know more when we decide about arrangements.  Love to all you guys.Aunt Stella and Stella

 

Here are two cards Aunt Anna's first graders made for Grandma

 

"I hope your husband is ok in heaven"

Dear Stella I am sorry he past away.  I know how you feel because I had some family (...something illegible...).  I know you are not ok with out him.  that's why I'm writing a note to you but the good thing about it is he had a good long life.  I bed he had the best life with you.

I hope your husbien is ok being in heven.

Dear Stella I know your husband died and am sorry for you I hope you are ok with out him in you house.  I know how it feels about that.  I am sorry he past away I know how much you love him.  I know he was 86 whe nhe died but he lived a long time at lest.  I know you much he loved you to I bet he had the best life with you.

The day Buddy died, the three girls and Grandma Stella made arrangements at the funeral home and cemetery.  They told Grandma she owed $1695 for the tent, chairs, and to dig a hole.  She thought for a minute, Georgia said "mom I'll pay it if you can't", and Grandma said "No, I have the money, but it's a RIP OFF!" [right in front of the man they were making arrangements with!]

Grandma Stella & great-grandson, Ash


We had dinner with Daniel's family on Wednesday evening and Grandma Stella came to visit.  She told us a story about how she called Geico to remove George from the car insurance, and her premiums were INCREASING.  She said "that's a crock!".  After the lady kept explaining it to her, about how statistics show if you drive two vehicles you are more likely to get into a wreck, she said "yeah, but statistics show that the 86 year old is more likely to get into a wreck than the 83 year old!".  hahaha, at the end of the conversation she said "Just forget I told you he's dead!" and hung up.  She's a hoot!

Also at dinner, she said "I'm going to have to do more research on this Heaven thing.  I certainly hope they can't see what we are doing down here!"  She proceeded to tell us a story about how she had the cable company out to "de-nigger-rig" the cables!  [in case you didn't know, Buddy "nigger-rigged" EVERYTHING!]


Love that sweet woman so much <3

No comments:

Post a Comment