Thursday, October 4, 2018

Every day is a Monday

Mornings with toddlers.

And most of the time, that should read - mornings with Ella.

And then occasionally it should read - mornings with Ella and Sydney.
{because even Sydney has her rough mornings}

By the time everyone is buckled in and I'm about to pull out of the driveway, I have to take a huge deep breath and realize that my day hasn't really even started.  Then I kind of want to cry a little.  And then on this emotional rollercoaster, when I just can't take it anymore, they do something so sweet my heart has just melted into a puddle on the floor. 
I remember way back when, and it felt SO hard to leave the house.  Get myself ready, still wearing a robe to prevent spit up on my outfit.  Feed the girls bottles in their bouncy seats.  Change their clothes.  Buckle them into car seats and then snap the car seats into the car.  Get myself out the door, too.  Ironically, I'd take that back in a heartbeat - it was SO much easier on my mental health ;)

So here you go... just a quick photo glimpse into threenagers getting up and ready in the morning.


my lap filled with angry exhausted three year olds

.... and then this happens, and I walk into the room to Ella helping Sydney put on her shoes.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment