Thursday, June 25, 2015

The #doublesinks first trip to The Bay!

We go to the Bay every summer, and love every second of sun and relaxation.  There's something about Bull's Bay that releases every single relaxation hormone in your body.  Last summer, we took my family for the first time and announced to them that we were having a baby.  Little did we all know, we were actually having TWO babies!  So much changed between now and that happy day that we told our families our good news, but from that moment - we knew we couldn't wait to bring our baby(ies) to The Bay.  My family made a last-minute decision on Monday (Memorial Day) to head to the Bay for a long weekend on Friday.  I had to do some scrambling with laundry and packing, and it was definitely a lot different trying to figure out traveling with two, but did all of that happily knowing where we were headed! 

Here was part of my packing list traveling with newborn babies:
75 diapers
42 bibs
15 burp cloths
12 bottles
10 outfits
8 pairs of pajamas
6 bathing suits
5 swaddles
3 cans of formula


Yep, those precious girls require lots of stuff.  But honestly, I think now is the "easy" stage.  They sleep a lot, don't require toys and entertainment, and are immobile.  We planned it all out - we packed the van entirely, fed the girls, put them into their car seats and off we went.  They did so well both there and back - they slept the entire time.  After a quick three-hour trip, and a visit through Dairy Queen's drive-thru vs. our normal bathroom/snack pit stop, we were finally at our happy place as a new family of four
After we fed the girls, had a few outfit changes (baby + momma) due to Ella's bathroom habits - we headed straight for the dock!

Sydney & Daniel in full relaxation mode

Ella & me

It's not a very good picture (it's hard when you have two babies + two adults), but here we all are - "sittin' on the dock of the bay"

Obviously Sydney loves it here

Here are the girls - all swaddled up for the night.  This is the first time they slept together (and next to momma and daddy), and did awesome!  Made it 6 hours :)
We woke up and after we fed the girls, all ate breakfast, and slathered on sunscreen - we headed down to the dock for a day filled with sun & water.  Well... kind of.  Things are a bit different with littles.  We spent a few hours down on the dock, and came back when it was "too hot" for naps, bottles, and air conditioning! 
morning nap!  I'm sure the set-up looks familiar, we brought their favorite spot to The Bay

sun-bathing beauties.  well, shade-bathing beauties.  They slept in their little pod and settled in nicely, in full relaxation mode.  Love that they always have to be touching each other


Sink Family of Four at Bull's Bay

Momma and Ella (I think??)

perfect afternoon - reading a book with a beautiful Ella in my lap

Nana & Sydney

perfect picture to sum up the cousins - Abby playing in her pool, the twins relaxing in their pod
I've been trying to find time when it's not sweltering and when I have thirty minutes sans babies to start working out/running again.  I had to stop cold-turkey when we found out we were having two instead of one.  I used to LOVE working out - the classes at the gym were my favorite, so it was a tough change I had to make to bake healthy babies.  I had an awesome "treadmill" at the Bay, so I made sure to wake up early and take full advantage (which is hard to do when all I want to do is sleep in!). 
perfect ending to my run :)

I peeked in our room when I came back from my run and saw this sight
Daniel still bundled up and the girls are snoozing away

sisters sleeping together <3
The second day was awfully similar to the first!  Sun, relaxation, and snoozing.  I saw a cute newborn summer picture on Pinterest, and thought it would be cute to recreate it.  Pinterest fail - the girls HATED me, and it shows :)

I know I've said it before that Ella loves to eat/lick anything near her face.  I caught her holding onto Sydney's leg for dear life, and trying so hard to eat it.  It was SO funny



all that cannibalism wore them out - so peaceful and relaxed together.
Ella is holding her bottle on her own!

The girls' first golf cart ride.  Ella is thrilled

D & E

S & K

snapped a quick selfie with my better half

the Sink family & a gorgeous sunset

Daddy & Sydney <3


there isn't much better than a sunset at the Bay... other than enjoying it with your newly expanded family :)


No comments:

Post a Comment