Sunday, March 16, 2014

Play the moments, pause the memories, stop the pain, rewind the happiness

It's been three months since we received the earth-shattering news about Baby Sink, made the heart-breaking choice to terminate, and we've had three months of picking ourselves up off the ground and healing.  From the day I peed on a stick until now, we've snapped some pictures to always remember what was going on in that exact moment.  Here are some happy & sad times we will never forget.

Positive tests! (I actually took three :) )

How I told Daniel... Baby back ribs, baby shrimp, baby corn.  Full House, anyone??

We were so excited we couldn't contain ourselves!

Beyond happy & so in love with my best friend

Daniel wanted to take daily pictures of my growing bump.. this was the first

Day two, 4 weeks

10/17 - our fourth wedding anniversary, the best yet!

Five Weeks

Six Weeks

7 Weeks, and very unhappy about getting out of bed to take a picture

Eight Weeks

Ten Weeks & Happy Thanskgiving!  So much to be thankful for

Twelve Weeks & my 27th Birthday

Our announcement picture :)

Abby is going to be a big cousin

Poem we gave to the new grandparents

Our Christmas baby has a special ornament

Very early in the morning on the day we said goodbye to Baby Sink, Daniel & I saw the brightest shooting star in the sky.  I now have a beautiful star charm on my bracelet :)

Baby Sink's Christmas tree... given to us from my parents and kelly/derek/abby

Baby Sink's 12-week hat from Calvin's Hats, an amazing organization that sends itsy bitsy hats so we can get an idea of the size of our little miracle.  "Hats for babies born too soon"

We are participating in the Anencephaly study at Duke University!  Trying our hardest to make a difference, if possible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment