Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love is in the Air

Yep, that day of the year that is either hated or loved - Valentine's Day.

Me, I'm indifferent.  Daniel & I have never done anything over the top for Valentine's Day.  First there's high school.  We live on our parent's money, so you keep it low-key and cute.  Then comes college, and we were halfway living on our parent's money, but hours apart.  Still, low-key and cute.  Now there's married life, and we are living on our own money (read: nothing).  Even more now, extremely low-key but fun!  I would die if I received v-day flowers- they are three times as expensive and they eventually die.  This year, Daniel & I have committed to a healthy lifestyle (read: not a diet), and he surprised me with a FitBit!  It's a fun pedometer on crack!  It calculates steps walked, distance walked, calories burned, and syncs up with an app on my phone.  It's an all-inclusive gadget that incorporates what you eat along with exercise.  Daniel is going to get one, too, and it will be a fun way to stay on track!  We are planning on fixing dinner at home (probably sloppy joes - ha! - edit: we ended up with chinese takeout), and catching up on Parenthood. 
I have a pretty awesome guy, and we have a pretty incredible life, and I love him every day - not just on this public-display-of-affection day.

And to you, all three of my faithful readers, Happy Valentine's Day.  I love you today, and every day!

Oh, and to all of those on facebook posting pictures of the flowers that their guy sent them (none of my faithful readers), you annoy me.  Posting something like that on facebook doesn't make your relationship any stronger.  End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment